Academic Search Complete
Academic Search Complete. This database is a leading resource for scholarly research. It supports high-level research in the key areas of academic study by providing journals, periodicals, reports, books and more.
AtoZdatabases.com provides an online reference and marketing database for library, academic, and government institutions in the United States. Its database includes business profiles and residents information for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, and finding friends and relatives.
Auto Repair Source
Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, Auto Repair Source provides the most accurate, authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recalls.
Calculator.com contains online mortgage, math, scientific, health and sports calculators. Also includes currency, temperature and measurement converters, as well as a world clock.
Comprehensive categorized calendar catalog currently containing countless correlating connections & calzone recipes!
Consumer Health Complete
Consumer Health Complete supports the information needs of patients and fosters an overall understanding of health-related topics.
Consumer Reports is an American magazine published since 1936 by Consumers Union (CU), a nonprofit organization dedicated to unbiased product testing, investigative journalism, consumer-oriented research, public education, and consumer advocacy. This database contains the full text publications from January 1, 1991 to the present.
Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
The Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center offers detailed “how-to” instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines. Subjects include: arts and crafts, collecting, home and garden, indoor recreation, kids’ crafts, model building, needlecrafts and textiles, outdoor recreation, performing arts, science and technology, scrapbooking and papercrafts, and more. Content includes: full text for nearly 2,000 magazines and books, more than 720 videos, more than 180 hobby profiles, more than 11,000 recipes, and more.
Home Improvement Reference Center
Home Improvement Reference Center features full-text content from leading home improvement magazines, images not found anywhere else online and videos of popular home repair projects. All of the content is organized in a robust, easy-to-use interface so that users can quickly find the information they need.
Learning Express Library
This online source is available through the Michigan eLibrary. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only. The Learning Express Library contains a variety of learning centers and information including:
- Adult Core Skills: improve reading, writing, and math skills, also contains information about becoming a U.S. Citizen.
- Build Your Resume: This step-by-step resume builder will help you create and publish the most effective resumes possible. As you build, you’ll find expert advice, easy-to-follow instructions, and helpful resume samples to help you through each step of the process. You will have to create an account for Learning Express and then search for Build Your Resume. Then, you will have access to the wizard that will let you fill in your information that you want included in your resume. A copy of your completed resume will be saved to your account.
- Career Center: Learn more about a specific career and workplace skills. This learning center also contains a variety of practice occupation exams including the Nursing School Entrance Test, and a variety of military tests such as the ASVAB, CFAT, and more.
- College Center: skills review (math, reading, writing, grammar, science), prepare for Graduate School Admissions Exams, prepare for College Placement Exams, and more.
- College Preparation Center: This site contains test preparation eBooks and practice tests for the ACT, SAT, AP, PSAT/NMSQT, TOEFL iBT, an the THEA. You can also learn more about writing a college admissions essay.
- The Highschool Equivalency Center: Use tests, eBooks, and tutorials to assess and build your skill levels in reading, writing and math and prepare for the GED® Test in English and Spanish.
This metric conversions site currently provides Temperature, Length, Area, Volume, Weight/Mass Speed and Time unit conversions. The results can be presented in normal or scientific format and fractionally when appropriate.
MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity. Through OCW, educators improve courses and curricula, making their schools more effective; students find additional resources to help them succeed; and independent learners enrich their lives and use the content to tackle some of our world’s most difficult challenges, including sustainable development, climate change, and cancer eradication.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Opposing Viewpoints in Context is recommended for: middle school through college undergraduate and general user. Full-text. Features contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today’s hottest social issues. Drawing on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press series, the new solution features continuously updated viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.
Please visit our World Facts page for links to databases and websites such as A to Z the USA, Global Road Warrior and more.
Your Brain Map: Strategies for Accelerated Learning
This resource is an interactive 3D Infographic of a brain, highlighted by areas and explanations of what that area is known to do. This resource was created by Open Colleges. Check out the 3D brain at Your Brain Map!