Learning Express Library
Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.
Learning Express Library contains a variety of learning centers and information including:
- Adult Learning Center: improve reading, writing, and math skills, also contains information about becoming a U.S. Citizen.
- Build Your Resume: This step-by-step resume builder will help you create and publish the most effective resumes possible. As you build, you’ll find expert advice, easy-to-follow instructions, and helpful resume samples to help you through each step of the process. You will have to create an account for Learning Express and then search for Build Your Resume. Then, you will have access to the wizard that will let you fill in your information that you want included in your resume. A copy of your completed resume will be saved to your account.
- Career Center: Learn more about a specific career and workplace skills. This learning center also contains a variety of practice occupation exams including the Nursing School Entrance Test, and a variety of military tests such as the ASVAB, CFAT, and more.
- College Center: skills review (math, reading, writing, grammar, science), prepare for Graduate School Admissions Exams, prepare for College Placement Exams, and more.
- College Preparation Center: This site contains test preparation eBooks and practice tests for the ACT, SAT, AP, PSAT/NMSQT, TOEFL iBT, an the THEA. You can also learn more about writing a college admissions essay.
- The Highschool Equivalency Center: Use tests, eBooks, and tutorials to assess and build your skill levels in reading, writing and math and prepare for the GED® Test in English and Spanish.
Michigan Works!: Find One-Stop Service Centers for Michigan Works! agencies by zip code or county throughout the state with links to each office.
Military OneSource contains resources, tools and articles to learn more about the assistance TAP can provide with defining and meeting education and career goals for veterans leaving the military. Transition Assistance Program, a partnership among the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service, make the transition back to the civilian section a smooth one.
Resume Help offers sample resumes for many careers, a list of recommended action words, formatting tips, and answers to specfic resume questions (FAQs); sample resumes and tips at the site are free but there are also links to professional resume writing services.