With great anticipation, Cass District Library is looking forward to resuming some services as Governor Whitmer continues to ease restrictions in the state. While we do not have a firm opening date, it is important we share our plans with the community so patrons will know what to expect. All library locations will be opening in phases. Phases will include curbside pick-up, limited lobby service, library open with conditions, and library open for regular business. The progression of phases will be determined by recommendations from local and state health officials. Requirements for patrons during all phases are as follows:
- Per the CDC guidelines, patrons with an infectious illness such as the flu must not enter the Library until at least twenty-four (24) hours after they are free of fever (100 degrees F) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Patrons should not enter the Library with symptoms of an infectious disease.
- The Library shall provide notice on the Library doors of the patron responsibility requirements currently in effect.
Strict, CDC compliant safety measures will be in place to protect staff and patrons. These measures include:
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before becoming available for check out.
- Staff are required to wear CDC compliant face masks while on duty.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet between staff and the public will be required at all locations, for all services.
- Staff will follow CDC guidelines while assembling materials for public pick up. They will wear gloves and masks to bring materials outside.
- Disinfectant wipes and sprays, and hand sanitizer, are located prominently throughout the branch. High-touch areas and materials are disinfected routinely.
Once a reopening date has been established, the library will publicize specific directions for curbside services. We ask that patrons continue to hold on to their library items until curbside service begins. Patrons will be able to call in requests or place holds online through their library account. Patrons will be limited to 5 items per card. Please note that patrons will be required to wear a mask during this phase. Branch hours will be modified for this phase and pick up times are as follows:
- Main Branch: Monday-Friday 1pm-5pm, Saturday 10am-1pm
- Edwardsburg Branch: Monday-Friday 1pm-5pm, Saturday 10am-1 pm
- Mason Union Branch: Monday-Thursday 1pm-5pm
- Howard Branch: Monday-Friday 1pm-5pm
We are very much looking forward to seeing our patrons again soon and have been working diligently to plan and prepare for services that are in keeping with recommended safety guidelines. While services may look different for some time, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to safely serve you to the best of our abilities. You can leave us questions on our website as well at cassdistrictlibrary.org/contact/, on our Facebook page, or directly through email to Library Director Barbara Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit https://www.cassdistrictlibrary.org/reopening-policy/ or read the full policy here.