Materials & Services
The Cass District Library (CDL) collection contains over 80,000 books, newspapers, magazines, large-print books, audiobooks, and DVDs. Checking out materials requires a valid library card. There is no rental charge to borrow materials from CDL.
The Cass District Library welcomes suggestions and recommendations for new library materials. Please complete the Materials Suggestion Form to suggest an addition to the library’s collection. Requests will be considered in accordance with the library’s Materials Selection Policy.
- DVDs and video games: 7 days
- Magazines: 7 days
- New Books and Playaway Launchpad Tablets: 14 days
- Audiobooks, CDs, and all other books: 28 days
Circulation Periods for Digital Apps
Circulation periods differ within each digital app that you use and lending periods differ based on content type.
- Southwest Michigan Digital Library (Libby App powered by OverDrive)
- Audiobooks and ebooks: 14 days
- Video: 7 days
- Hoopla Digital
- Audiobooks, Comics, and ebooks: 21 days
- Soundtracks: 7 days
- Video: 72 hours (3 days)
All borrowed content on Hoopla Digital and on Southwest Michigan Digital Library (powered by OverDrive) is automatically returned at the end of the lending period and deleted from your device if you downloaded it. If you encounter a problem in Hoopla Digital, please choose the Feedback option under the help menu to report the problem to Hoopla. If you encounter a problem in the Libby App by OverDrive, please visit OverDrive Help in the app for answers to common questions, or contact support.
Renewals may be made by telephone or online. To renew an item online, login to your account with your library barcode number on the library’s website.
Home Bound Service
Home delivery is available for patrons that are unable to make it to the library. Please call the Main Library for further details and information regarding this service.
Lamination Services– Cass District Library has two different lamination services available, which our library staff can perform.
- Sticky Lamination: The small lamination machine presses objects between two sticky rolls of clear plastic–very similar to contact paper. This is perfect for identification cards, small pictures, or other items under 9 inches in width. This service is available at Main, Edwardsburg, and Howard branches as staff time allows. Sticky Lamination Charges: wallet size – 50¢; 8 ½ x 11 – $1.00 per item
- Heat Lamination: The large lamination machine seals objects between two pieces of plastic that are rolled through a hot press. It is only available for larger objects. The maximum width for this machine is 18 inches. This service is only available at the Main Library and requires 1 business day for completion. Please note that the heat laminator can discolor items. The library staff will do the utmost to safely operate the machine, but the high temperatures can darken different types of paper or may wrinkle lightweight paper. Heat Lamination Charges: 75¢ per foot
Notary Public– Notary Public services are available at the Main Library and the Edwardsburg Branch. The Edwardsburg Branch offers this service Mon-Thurs, from 9 am-5 pm. Please call 269-487-9215 in advance to check availablility and ask for Shirley. Please call 269-357-7822 for availability at the Main Library and ask for Brandi. Notary Public charges: $5.00
Public Computers– All CDL locations provide public computer stations for patrons to utilize. All public computers provide Internet access and Microsoft Office software.
Photocopiers– All CDL locations have photocopiers available for public use. Copies are .15 cents each for single-sided black and white. Some locations offer color copies for .30 cents each for a single-sided copy.
Fax Service– This service is available at all CDL locations. To send a fax: $1.00 for the first page and .50 cents for each additional page (within the USA). To receive: .25 cents per page. There is no charge for a cover sheet or confirmation page.
Meeting Rooms– The Main Library has two public meeting rooms that may be reserved in advance. Call the Main Library at (269) 357-7822 for more information.