Cass District Library aims to provide excellent library service and to work to keep our community safe during these unprecedented times. We want to share how the library will serve you and your family during the 2020-2021 school year.
Guidelines and precautions, which meet or exceed health department guidelines, have been put into place for everyone’s safety. The Library is also following a phased reopening plan in order to safely serve our community. As such, we regret that our locations cannot be used after school for extended periods.
- We ask patrons to keep their visits to 30 minutes or less to find books, pick up holds, make copies, and receive reference assistance.
- There are no tables, chairs or study areas available for use.
- Computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes per patron per day.
- In-person tutoring, collaboration, group project work, hanging-out, and socializing are not permitted.
We’re happy to share that there are still many library services available.
- Educational Resources
- Michigan eLibrary (MeL)
The library continues to offer a wide variety of physical resources to meet the needs of our community for education and entertainment. You can also request items from other libraries through MeL.
- We have digital editions of books, audiobooks, music, movies and graphic novels.
- World Book Kids
- Creativebug has thousands of award-winning art and craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
We will continue our virtual programs, including story time and craft videos. We’ll offer more Take and Make craft kits, as well as activity packs that coincide with virtual story time.
Follow us Facebook for updates, virtual program details, story time videos and more: https://www.facebook.com/CassDistrictLibrary
Reference services are available in-person, by phone, or via email. For those who are not comfortable coming inside the Library to pick up their books, we offer our curbside pickup. Call any branch to request curbside services.
Click here to see our modified hours of operation and other branch information.
Click here to view our full Library Reopening Policy.
We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you for your understanding and support. If you have questions or comments, you can reach us at 866-808-7323.
Kids Personalized Recommendations
Looking for your child’s next great book? We have just the thing! One of our librarians would love to make a personalized recommendation just for you! Just answer a few questions to tell us a little bit about your reading tastes. You’ll receive a list of some hand-picked books in your email in a week’s time. The more you tell us, the better the suggestions will be.
Please fill out the form below. (*) = required